112 E. Sale
Tuscola, IL 61953
The Tuscola library was built in 1903 with a Carnegie grant, which was based on the census of the community at $2 per person, and funds donated by the Women's Club. The design of the Illinois Carnegie libraries was dominated by two architectural firms, Paul Morantz of Bloomington and Patton and Miller of Chicago, and were Classical Revival in style. Morantz was the architect for the Tuscola library. In 1997 the library added a handicapped accessible entrance along with larger restrooms and an elevator with service from ground level to the basement and main level of the library. In June of 1998 the library went through a renovation which included new carpeting, fresh paint, and evaluation and relocation of the collection.
The Tuscola Library has services for all age groups and houses over 16,000 books, as well as video, audio, and magazine resources. It is also a member of the Lincoln Trail Libraries System, which provides timely access to countless additional books and resources. The library has several public access computer terminals with internet connections, and it sponsors numerous community activities and outreach programs.